Sunday, December 4, 2005

chocolate, waffles and beer.

Belgium, quite the place. I wouldn't say that I am amazed by Brussels; it is an oversized urban city that has some pretty important buildings and people that work in them. For example, NATO's headquarters are here along with the EU (European Union). Neat.

Meg and I decided to splurge and stay at the Hilton because we found a great deal and only ended up paying 10 euro more than our normal hotel budget. Time was spent with Meg's boyfriend, Anders, and their friend Andrew. They took us around Brussels and were quite the tour guides. We went to the music museum; I really enjoyed listening to all kinds of different instruments; definitely worth the 3 euro. We ate, ate, and ate some more... Waffles and chocolate of course. Supposedly the beer is the best in Belgium so I had one sip and I still don't like it; oh well.

Saturday was spent in Brugge, an hour away from Brussels. Brugge is home to the best chocolate in the world. It's a quaint little town that hasn't changed since the 1600's. Everyone should go to Brugge, just for the architecture and the chocolate.

My traveling is over. Sad. Florence for the next 13 days. Crazy, really.

No comments: