Sunday, December 9, 2007

for them, the fall of 2007.

sometimes i say it like it's no big deal. sometimes i say it with joy. sometimes i say it with frustration and angst. what is it that i say? i say, "i'm an ra, or an rd, or somewhere in between."

this group has been different. not better, not worse. just different. what i've faced in the last week has made me realize how close i am to these students. they share with me and let me in.

i am so grateful...
for sarah m., who taught me to throw out my first impressions.
for teri, who let lose and sat with me as we gave each other second chances.
for alec, who has loved every person in the house equally.
for trevor, who reminded me not to assume so much.
for jordan, who has helped me live out my convictions.
for sarah c., who always made me laugh.
for caitlin, who allowed me to be blunt in response to her passiveness.
for heather, who reminded me about gentleness, everyday.
for diana, who proved to me that passion is everything.
for lauren, who is consistently authentic.
for morgan, who showed me what it looks like to live spontaneously.
for ryan, who encouraged me to think more about sex and marriage.
for kathy, who showed me how to be nicer.
for brittany, who reminded me to leave my door open.
for graham, who reminded me to care for the least of these.
for travis, who taught me about brighter colors and stronger smells.
for niki, who helped me relax.
for dana, who played 'mom' well.
for chelsea, who cares deeply for others, always.
for jess, who is there for her friends.
for jenelle, who can't go to bed without resolution.
for ashley, who showed appropriate anger with friends.
for cora, who taught me so much about this one small town in oregon.
for amanda, whose beauty is present in all she does.

go well.

No comments: