Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"when it don't come easy"

by patty griffin is stuck in my head, thanks to kit.

i thought my next post would be the big secret reveal but i'm not quite ready. so you'll have to wait until monday. apologies, apologies.

tonight i realized i hate the question did you dye your hair? it's like you're outing me on the fact that i'm not natural and i'm trying and i want your acceptance. or something like that.

i also had this moment when i went from practicing my breathing skills to sitting around a table enjoying flour-less chocolate cake with almond whipped cream: i am in the middle of something good... bear was born healthy, my favorite turned twelve today, and i have friends who say things like, "to show that i'm serious and stylish, i'll be wearing x y and z to my jeopardy try out."

patty says:
So many things that I had before
That don't matter to me now
Tonight I cry for the love that I've lost
And the love I've never found
When the last bird falls
And the last siren sounds
Someone will say what's been said before
Some love we were looking for

But if you break down
I'll drive out and find you
If you forget my love
I'll try to remind you
And stay by you when it don't come easy

3 comments:

rachel said...

she has all of the qualities and qualifications of a winner. i can't wait until we know a jeopardy champion. it was so fun to see you and such an added joy to the weekend. thank you again for the ride back up. hopefully i'll see you again in the next little while!

lori lester said...

that song has been permanently in my head since 2005 when I lived with Elizabeth...and I still love it.

Laura Ortberg Turner said...

AAAAHHHHH THE PRESSURE! Now that your blog has made it known and I do not look serious and stylish on my game show debut, I'm not sure what I'll do. Probably go into self-imposed seclusion.

Love you ek and so proud of you at this time in your life! This is a good song to always have in your head.