Monday, March 28, 2011

for the record.

i am not in a state of depression as my last post may have alluded. yes, it's a dark poem but wendell makes my nights better and that particular poem brought a small amount of peace to my heart with all the happenings of my favorite seventeen year old family member. and regarding that situation: there's no way to help, no way to ease any anxiety- my own or others'. instead i am choosing to let go as it's not in the realm of my control. and i will listen first and then say something second.


this weekend included lunch and dressing with a woman who puts four lemons in her iced tea, a six mile run, one extravaganza including flamenco dancers, fancy dresses, pistachios, hazelnuts and the most straight-shooting-girl-talk i've had in a while, a karaoke celebration which ended with delicious milkshakes, one sit down dinner party for thirtyone, lunch with my favorite eighth graders, one third of build your own damn house / errands with the most honest risk taker i know, and a small conversation which reminded me of her wisdom and why she is the best question asker ever.

it's these moments, this collection of things i say yes to, that make a lot of unimportant stuff fall to the side. in the end, my heart is warmed when thinking about the time we turned down the country music and you looked me in the eyes and said, "em. let's live life more fearlessly."

thank you for the love.

No comments: