Monday, July 18, 2011

a little bit, a little bit.

abbey's been telling me lately i'm going to lose it... break... crash and burn. she doesn't use those words; instead she gives me a look that screams you're doing too much. i roll my eyes and take a bite of our weekly shared bean and cheese burrito where the waitress asks us if we're having our usual. i'm fine.

truth be told, i've really been fine up to this point... the tasks, the hours, the action steps, the errands, the goals, all of it: i've been fine.

but i'm a little bit fragile, i realized yesterday. i'm just not okay with aging parents and sick parents and hospitals. and my mind races a little bit and my stomach aches and i get a little bit loopy. so i decided that everything you're going to get out of me will be good enough. take it or leave it.

good enough dinners.
good enough marathon-ing.
good enough pie.
good enough letter writing.
good enough professional-bus-girling.
good enough supervising.
good enough listening.
good enough field trips.
good enough hair.
good enough sleep.
good enough love.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I like those good enoughs. Especially the last one, it feels relieving.