Wednesday, September 7, 2011

part two: officially done.

on the last day of my masters program my favorite adjunct professor said, "congratulations, you've officially finished one third of the process to becoming a licensed marriage and family therapist." in my head i thought, "one third? try one half!" i thought the equation was one half masters program + one half everything else.

turns out he was right: one third masters program + one third supervised hours (three thousand) + one third taking and passing the boards = one marriage and family therapist.

after waiting one hundred and sixtynine days for my hours to be approved, i received my "congratulations you can now take your boards" letter in the mail today. it's official. it's time to replace marathon training with studying. or i could just take them blind and cross my fingers that i've learned something since my program ended?

i'll let you know when i pass. in the mean time, i'll be at matching half studying (in all my spare time).

1 comment:

s h o n n a said...

congrats em, thats great news!