Wednesday, February 8, 2012

my friend lisa taught me a bit about poetry tonight.

not so much about poetry itself, but more about why she writes poetry and how it makes her feel. i was able to connect with the misunderstanding of topics that she imagines and clarity she can bring to them.

spending time with lisa is so worth my time; we share stories from our own books, closing old chapters and opening new ones, providing details that you only share with a trusted person who walks the lines of inner circle and long-distance friend.

being with lisa as she gets excited is as good as it gets... she's on the list of least dramatic women i know, so you know her facial expressions are authentic. i'm looking forward to her excitement when i prove to her that poetry- her poetry- is something people should care about.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I always love the time I get to spend with you. You're incredibly thoughtful and you help me be a better friend to people in my life. AND you have a lovely voice :) thanks for letting me see the recording! xo