Tuesday, May 29, 2007

predicaments and favorite things.

my friend kyle just informed me of a school in seattle that i might be interested in: seattle university... WHAT?!?! are you serious?? just like usf, but in seattle with kristy and sarah and nordstrom central. brilliant.

you see, i'm in a predicament. good job at nordstrom (full time) + good job at the house (part time) + usf counseling program (part time) = no way in hell. if all three were part time, it would be totally possible. but that's not happening anytime soon, maybe if the woman who went on maternity leave (the one i'm interim for) comes back we could split her position. yeah right. side note: she had her baby on monday and named him ROCKO cause he was stubborn and like a rock and wouldn't come out (three weeks late!). HILARIOUS. rocko!!!

back to my predicament: ideally i would love to do all three part time. but, it's obviously not possible. SO i figure i continue to do nordstrom full time and urban. then in the near future i continue to do nordstrom full time and go to school at seattle u part time. genius. BUT, do i really want to leave squeaks/adam/jenn? or my mom and barry? or my cousins/aunt/uncle?

here's the thing... i've been on the move since i left visalia to go to college. never settling for more than a year. even at westmont, i left twice to study abroad and graduated early. am i just moving somewhere else because it's what i do or is it because it's what i want and need? i can already hear my family telling me about how ideal my financial situation is (right now)... but if money wasn't an issue, what would i do? where would i go? who do i want to know?

"the people who suffer the most are those who don't know what they want" and i don't know what i want.

my favorite things, right now:
fresh strawberries, watermelon and turkey chili (not together)
my personal trainer, my arms are still burning
yolkless egg salad
saying zero instead of "oh" when reading numbers
my boss (nayir) and co-worker (mariana) at nordstrom

by the way: happy birthday to my best friend and my oldest brother.

1 comment:

Chelsea Vander Kooi said...

emily! read some of your blog today. i think your mind is interesting. i wish it had more pictures of you, i love checking people out! that's my favorite thing. see you in seven days, girl.