Wednesday, September 15, 2010

random facts learned in a quarter century plus one. twenty of twentysix.

i take friendship really seriously. (emphasis on really.)


in the last almost-twentysix years i've learned the importance of return-on-investment friendships; giving and giving and being cared for in return. it's meant surrounding myself with those who are positive influences on me; the ones who teach me and show me how to grow and learn, how to actually be a better person. there's been some profound, grief-filled months along the way, but my reality is that i consciously choose to surround myself with those who love me and want what's best for me. and everything else really has to be let go, and that is okay.

(the combination of my courage and friendship crushes has delivered on some of my most favorite relationships in the world. i highly recommend owning and acting on your fc's!)

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

and your good at it

Caitlin said...

emphasis on you're YOU ARE

Refine until beautiful said...

Love this. So smart.