Sunday, February 6, 2011

today it was seventyfive degrees. in february.

sometimes you have these life moments where everything feels right on the inside but off to those on the outside; it usually means you get an "are you alright?" text.

yes, i am okay. even though i'm in the middle of asking hard questions to the ones who know me and support me and want what's good for me, everything feels right. my best friend in the entire world, the one who has never judged and always loved, fell in love with someone and now she has a ring on her finger. and then faith hill came on the radio and every high school memory of loving country music with that best friend came fading back and the tears welled up as i wrapped asher's present and my nails were freshly painted (you-don't-know-jaques-suede!) and a martin's potluck was had and an accidental conversation with starchild occurred.

i'm alright. not sure what i did that made you ask, but yes, everything is okay.

i was going to end here. but i have more to write, more to remember.

the voice inside my head said, "emily. everything is more than okay." and i responded: "that's true; i have a lot of joy." abbey reminds me to "just let it happen and be in the moment." i scream to kyle and he laughs at me, every time. and kimberly and i witnessed some of the best singing and video-ing dan and diane have to offer. i'm loving my job transition and i have a new nephew and i have money to pay for the dry cleaning i need to get done. i have a bit of knee pain but i know how to manage and strengthen. i'm almost done wearing braces and the little people in my life call me aunty em. i'm actively investing into friendships that are life giving. i'm more than loving my family, i'm liking them. i'm exercising my better self, and that sometimes means i get the above text, and that's okay, too.

the sun was shining in san francisco and this kid is alright.

No comments: