Wednesday, November 2, 2011

back in the saddle.

sometimes my roommates refer to a return-to-cycling-after-some-time-away as getting back in the saddle. when they do this, i feel a bit left out. there isn't a saddle with running... it's just me and some shoes. the phrase doesn't apply.

whatever. on saturday i felt like i was getting back in the saddle... the first long run since july thirtyfirst and i remembered all the good things about the way the process makes me feel: it's as if i'm achieving something, making it and moving forward. i feel empowered when i run. i get a little bit crazy and believe that i can do anything.

and as i think about this more, i've decided that i'm not going to get off the saddle (is it okay that i keep going with this?). my jobs are starting to settle, my feet are healthy again and my heart and mind aren't as crazy as they used to be.

there's no reason for a break, no reason at all. giddyup!

No comments: