Monday, November 14, 2011

it's time to put my money where my mouth is.

and let my yes be yes and my no be no and really, i mean, really following through because more than anything, i need to stop torturing my friends. i'm making my clean getaway and because of it, maria taylor's song is stuck in my head:

I made my place by the door.
I didn't know what I was waiting for.
Felt just like home.
Except no grass, no yard, no pictures.

I could see across to the park.
And there were friends, they were laughing hard.
They looked just like my home.
With no face, no name, no voice I'd know.

I finally made it.
I made a clean getaway.
I finally made it.
I made a clean getaway.

I met someone at the bar.
He had a great smile and a great heart.
He felt just like love.
Except no fear of losing, and it wasn't tough.

I finally made it.
I made a clean getaway.
I finally made it.
I made a clean getaway.
And I miss you,
I miss you every single day.


twothousand twelve is going to be completely different... i mean, i hope to still find nerds in my keyboard at work, but it should just be less Crazy. that's what we're going for Party People: a little bit less Crazy. who's with me?!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I am totally 100% with you on YOUR 2012 being less Crazy. And I hope you're totally 100% with me on the choices I'm making that are undoubtedly going to make MY 2012 way more crazy. Different strokes, you know? PS, When are you coming to SacTown??

emilykatz said...

before Christmas is my goal! party with Louie and Anna!

Refine until beautiful said...

In, I'm so in.

Katie said...

what if you find nerds in your keyboard at work annnnd under your pillow? might be gettin' a little too crazy. but it's possible. just sayin'....