Monday, November 21, 2005

Jenna and 1-2-3-4 days.

Some time has passed. Nothing worth posting about until now... two weekends ago I was in Florence instead of Paris and this past weekend Jenna Johnson came from Switzerland. Jenna graduated from Westmont (1.5 years ago) and we have someone in common: her sister, Carissa, who I like to call my best friend. Jenna is a missionary working for Youth for Christ and had the opportunity to take a weekend away and come to Florence...it was very relaxing and comforting.

1 day until it's really cold in Florence, oh wait, that was today and probably still tomorrow. It's okay, I love the cold.
2 days until it is supposed to snow in Florence...too bad it won't stick.
3 days until my family will sit around a table being loud and crazy to celebrate the North American holiday that we call Thanksgiving. I will probably get a call and be put on speaker phone. Then I will hang up the phone and sit on my bed and think about being in California. Then my eyes will get teary and I will probably cry as I spend the first Thanksgiving away from home. I haven't thought much of Thanksgiving until today; an American holiday that is a good excuse for family to get together... it sounds so good right now.
4 days until I hop on a plane for Prague. I am so excited.

Side note: I'm not homesick, I just have a lot to come home to... Christmas, wedding in Colorado, brother's wedding in San Diego. Holy cow..brother's wedding. 23 year old brother's wedding. When did he turn 23? Rather, when did I turn 21? It was just yesterday that we were on our farm shooting a super soaker at a stray dog which led to the 3 inch scar on my left hip. Marriage. Crazy, really. Am I losing a brother? No. I am gaining a wonderful, beautiful, and talented sister. WoooHooo!

After the wedding I need a place to live and a job, any ideas?

No comments: