Monday, July 30, 2007

i'm not even that busy.

but i am.

i have a lot of calls to return:
becky, lori, lisa, jenn, anna, janelle, michele, sara, carissa, allison, rachel, renee. crap. that is so many.

i really am busy, but in a weird way. the good news is that my schedule is all set for work/urban/school:
mondays: work 730-430
tuesdays: work 7-3, school 345-615
wednesdays: work 7-3, school 345-615*
thursdays: work 7-3, school 345-615
fridays: work 730-430
saturdays: switches every other- work 8-5 or off
sundays: off!
*if i work on a saturday then i have the previous wednesday off for staff meeting from 11-1. plus all the time with students/elvis.

just looking at that gives me a headache. but i know it will work. i'm not a quitter. i'm too loyal to quit.

retail therapy for my mom on sunday. she's doing better, but it's still hard. she says "at least i have my health. and four wonderful children, three daughters-in-law, two grandbabies and parents who love me. and of course, two amazing sisters."

i was going on dates with this guy recently. but it ended. it's good that it ended, but here's the kicker: we really enjoy each others company. so, friends we are.

right now i'm listening to "the underwood typewriter" by fionn regan- recommended by paste magazine. thanks, paste. sounds like teitur. mmmmmm.

my latest itunes purchase: renee & jeremy (kids lullaby songs... did i already tell you about them? they're great.)

work update: my boss is really strange, but great at the same time. he's super flexible with me and doesn't micro-manage me. i like working for him because it's more like working with him; he really trusts me and he lets me be goofy (ask adam bailon, i'm funny at work- we worked together last summer). the two big things happening at work in august are inventory and a release that i will be teaching to THE WHOLE STORE. it will be groups of 25, but still... 500 register users divided by 25 per class equals teaching 20 classes. holy smokes. august is going to be CRAZY.

my cosmetics manager hooked me up. i got some new face products and she threw in the free gifts from lancome and estee lauder (go to the anniversary sale if you need new cosmetics... it ends this sunday!). here are my new favorite products which i fully recommend: leaf & rusher green tea face wash and philosophy hope in a jar moisturizer.

did i tell you i got offered a permanent position at work? well, i did. and... i took it. under the circumstance that they could accommodate my school schedule. as you can tell from above, they are going to...

vegas this weekend with the fam. super excited. i can already hear it "don't gamble what you can't afford to lose!" so.. i won't be gambling. fun because i just saw the fam and i love spending time with them.

took the other favorite cousin shopping for her birthday. it's in september but the anniversary sale isn't in september so birthday shopping a month early will have to do. she loved it. to be nine again...

okkervil river show on september 5. excited!

i cannot wait to be .t.w.e.n.t.y.t.h.r.e.e.

i really need to check things off my to-do list. quite a few things have been accomplished.

elvis is BIG. okay, not that big, but he doesn't have any more fleas and he went from .47 to .68 in two weeks. i can't remember what the measurement was.. shoot. not kilos and not pounds. hmm. whatever it is, he weighs almost two pounds. dr. clyons says i'm doing a good job but i need to get another kitten for him to have a playmate while i'm gone from 6-6ish. i think my room is too small, what do you think? pictures of his growth soon. tonight he scared the shit out of me as he went on the roof and wouldn't come down. not okay, elvis, not okay. punk terrorist kitten.

looking to buy a scooter. it would be super efficient with all the new happenings in my life.

goodnight. i have to work at 7, which means i have to leave by 630 which means i have to set my alarm for 530 so i can push snooze twice to finally get up by 550.

1 comment:

[Anna] said...

okay, first of all I miss you and I'm sad that I don't get to be with you. second, i've joined the world of blogging:
annajordan-onlife.blogspot.com. don't know how i feel about it yet but there it is.
love you.