Monday, May 10, 2010

dark chocolate pretzel bark has changed my life.

i got some closure on a situation close to my heart; it is what it is... and i'm learning a little bit about the freedom i have. (sorry for the cryptic-ness, lm) i'm mostly choosing to believe that what God has for me is good.

and today? today, i feel a little bit of myself coming back: the me who cared about self-care and serving and authenticity and modesty. the sensitive me. there have been many points in the last twelve months that i wanted to run away-- far away from my problems and bury myself in the sand where only my head was sticking out. hoping that maybe someone put a baseball hat on me so i didn't wither in the sun.

but i am here to say this one thing: facing the shit head on, asking for help and admitting failures and heart ache are healing. and redeeming. and totally worth it.

so tomorrow i will celebrate. me and my dark chocolate pretzel bark.

2 comments:

Lesley Miller said...

I love closure. And I love dark chocolate pretzel bark. Can't wait to hear more someday... ;)

Caitlin said...

what he has for you is good.
good like bacon.
good like dark chocolate pretzel bark.
real good kinda good.