Wednesday, June 9, 2010

back to my routine.

in the last four weeks, i've been to work like this: three days one week. two and a half the next. and then four. and now two. one graduation, one wedding, one memorial, and a conference equal total discombobulation in the la-la-land of me.

and there's something about routine; something about putting on make up in the same order, driving home the same way, eating the same breakfast, writing mental health notes the same, whatever it is: i feel safe in my routine. and more than that, i feel control. lots of people talk about God being in control, but i don't always understand that. it's quite confusing to me, too. but it's neither here nor there for this topic; important to note is my need for control and how that relates to my updated view of forgiveness (a subject for a later post).

monday, june fourteenth will mark summer's begin for me. and august thirtyfirst will mark the end. between now and then, i plan to enjoy: iced tea. not traveling. more instax photos. visitors. pool bbqs. planning the first [annual?] work talent show. longer sunshine. seeing clients before the three to six pm time frame. and reading more than my news and blog feed.

i don't usually feel this way, but i'm looking forward to monday. to my summer.

No comments: