Tuesday, June 22, 2010

today goes down in history.

holy crap, i can't believe i've made it a year at my agency. they say it's sort of like dog years... an actual year equals seven years. this might be my longest relationship, yet.

anyway. important to note on this day: it has gotten so much easier with time. it's more manageable and i'm much better at delegating to the team. and i surprisingly like my job! working with kids and families has been quite taxing but totally worth it.

and important to remember: the night in october when i spent seventeen hours in the hospital. connecting my client with new door and watching him (mostly) succeed. sitting in on the many trials and hearings. seeing my client yearn for his mother's love and helping her to figure out how to show it. saying goodbye to my favorite. the family finding and permanency process that has changed my kids' life. and learning how to be more hopeful and optimistic, as it makes me a more effective clinician and person.

No comments: