Monday, March 20, 2006

2 kidneys & a boyfriend!

i got a boyfriend. okay, i didn't. but i have a friend crush on a cute guy who works at a certain popular coffee place at a shopping center near you. this week's mission: learn his name.

this woman, dr. robin smith, well, she's great. she just said to me: 1. shame never creates change 2. doubt = don't 3. insecure = i don't feel good enough 4. silence is as bad, if not worse, than the pain or abuse 5. it isn't necessarily always safe to tell the truth.
i'm not quite sure why i like her so much? she also has this sweet analogy about the holes that we have in our hearts and having the choice to fill them with things like death and trash (drugs, lies, shopping, money) or life (plants and flowers = truths).

um, i almost decided to give away one of my kidneys on wednesday. apparently, we have two. then, my mother informed me of the health risks. man, npr is so cool, it made me want to give away one of my kidneys.

usa today had an article on being an egg donor; they want young women with no health problems and high sat scores. i'm pretty average in both of those categories. then my mother informed me of the surgery procedure. it wasn't too bad until she said "do you really want little emilys running around this world already?" yeah, that changed my mind.



everyone! everyone! listen to a sweet group from champaign, il, named 'headlights headlights' their new ep is titled 'the enemies' but headlights' sound is not as intense as the title. a gentle feel. genre: electronic/rock

No comments: