Tuesday, May 12, 2009

his answer was yes.

thoughts from my life, sexless in the city:

"am i the most stylish girl you've almost kissed?" i asked sarcastically, standing there in a dress and heels with my favorite gray trench all tied up. my oversized sunglasses were covering a third of my face.

as the words came out of my mouth i had this moment. half regret for saying such a silly thing and half serious. i took a deep breath and thought about how we really could have been good together, it was just the wrong timing. and some other things, too, i'm sure. but we both really are abnormal, but better a part. that was a good period of time we had, back in the fall. and it felt good for you to buy my french fries today and for you to share your secrets with me. and me with you.

but in the end, i am glad you didn't kiss me. that you didn't cross that boundary and that you knew better. that you know yourself and that you knew me. even when you tried to analyze me and when you asked me overly personal questions, i totally appreciate you. and all your quirkiness. and your depth. and artsiness, of course.

so i guess it's 'good bye' tomorrow. instead i'll probably say something like 'see you soon' because that's what i'm hoping for. you really are a good guy.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

love your vague yet blunt honesty, katz. Can't wait to see you!

Lesley Miller said...

I love this post. :)

s h o n n a said...

totally makes more sense now. he's leaving? you: sexless in the city. me: semi-sex in the non-city. baller. we should co-write a book.