Sunday, January 17, 2010

memory captured.

sometimes i choose not to take photos of particular weekends or excursions or moments because if i close my eyes tight enough, focus my mind, and take a deep breath, i can remember.

i remember the feeling of being asked to dance at the tyrolean feast or the constant nagging of feeling hungry with three others. or lying stomach down, head propped up, with two of my favorite people in the world, laughing hysterically- so loud that everyone in the house felt left out. i remember my paralyzing fear of heights that makes skiing that much more difficult. and having to deny the one whose love language is feeding others over and over and over again. and i remember the ice cold taste of fresca on my lips after coming in off the mountain to tired thighs and burning knees.

or, maybe i just forgot to take photos. but i do, i do remember.

No comments: