Monday, April 26, 2010

friendcrush in five examples.

i'm often friendcrushing on someone: boy, girl, it doesn't matter. it's all about the intrigue and recognition of someone's coolness from afar. a real friendcrush is someone you can eventually become friends with... movie stars don't count. and either does anne lamott's son. but these people count:

kimberly. knew she was rad when her husband made a fool of himself and it didn't even phase her. named the crush, owned it and we've gone from friendcrush to straight friends. boooyah. now i reap the benefits of knowing the best chinese food in the city and having a diet coke partner.

lana. similar life and educational goals and a love for the work we do. anxiety when we can't switch our on-call shift and a girl with impeccable organization and cute file folders. made. for. each. other.

diane. (well, it's in the making.) we've only hung out once but people tell me i'm a younger version of her. i'm hoping she'll wear an oversized hat and drink tea with me soon. she's so cool i would throw my bra at her.

cait. it was friendcrush at first taste- she loves sea salt on her chocolate, too. and her calming personality draws me in; must be that she's from the central valley and knows the biscotti woman herself. i'm hoping hard that she's moving to nopa. and in love with the fact that she loves ira glass.

the boss. he's endearing; his easy going attitude and not-quite-hipster style is charming. maybe it's the same levis every day or the too many pairs of shoes in common with me?

cheers to putting myself out there. here. out here.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

half of me is saying..'awww..I REAL REAL like this girl.' but I'll be honest the other half of me is saying, 'Hey so what, am I not bra throwing worthy?' I look damn good in an oversize hat. just saying.

Refine until beautiful said...

Samovar Tea Room!

Lana said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!