Saturday, September 22, 2007

finally.

i went to a work shop titled, entering the kingdom. it was pretty incredible as we explored mark 1:15. reImagine did a great job of helping me re-think what it is i say i believe and what it is that i actually believe. more to come on this topic later.

after the workshop we headed over to holly sharp's art show- loved it, "without the space within". thanks holly for sharing this deeply moving art with me. holly and her husband, ryan, are about to go on tour with their band, the cobalt season, and their 1 year old son, paxton. [i write this like i know holly and ryan, but really, i just met them a few hours ago and i have a huge friendship crush on them.]

today's new friends include: lisette (first year med student at ucsf, who, for the record, says that grey's anatomy is not that far off, AND! she said i can take a tour of the anatomy lab where she is currently working with more than 30 cadavers! [wow! ewww?]), and elaine & tom (they just moved to the us from oxford-- tom works for lucas arts doing sound effects for video games and elaine is looking for pr/com work. both so cool [love the accents]). we are all new at seven (the community of people that i have been spending more and more time with lately) and look forward to enjoying this community/journey together.

finally, i'm .t.w.e.n.t.y.t.h.r.e.e. [thank God.] thanks for the phone calls people, but know that i don't answer my phone on my birthday (unless you're sarah taylor, apparently) but i loved the messages. it's funny when you don't say who you are and i'm trying to guess. i am a little bummed because the one person i wanted to remember my birthday isn't going to remember. damn you.

this is what i wrote in my journal today: i am so thrilled to be twentythree. it is a nice round number that makes you feel more in the "twenties." twentythree things i love include, but aren't limited to: emma, oragami cranes, photobooth photos of my parents from when they were married, conversations pertaining to race and culture, tap water, heart monitors while running, billy collins poetry, fresh basil, composting, my je t'aime & shoe necklace, being bad at photography but not giving up, the way tears are brought to my eyes so easily, being an enfj, 301 lyon street, crocheting blankets for my family, my fireplace, english breakfast tea, funfetti cake with the funfetti frosting, wearing my wellies in the rain, a family who accepts me and doesn't want to change me, studying mft, burmese mountain dogs, and a God who continues to show me God's kingdom in this place called san francisco.

by the way, my hair is dark again and i love it.

1 comment:

[Anna] said...

I'm a bad person and this is my public apology. I'm making it up to you - I promise.