Wednesday, January 9, 2008

eleven new registrants!

i am so proud. so so proud. tonight i helped eleven of my students register before the primary election. it was so fun to hear them talk about their plans to walk to the polling place together. can't you see the joy on my face?!

it was hard to watch people decide which party they wanted to be a part of; i did my best to keep a straight face, not change my tone and not be biased. i must say, i actually did a good job! a few were totally frustrated that they had to select rep/dem/indy and couldn't have all of the candidates to choose from.

full of joy.

2 comments:

Lesley Miller said...

Ha ha! I read this after I sent you an e-mail. wink.

So, I thought I was registered Independent. Then I got my ballot yesterday and it's Republican. Should I send it back?! Can I send it back? Do I want to send it back? Holy moly...more researching to do....

emilykatz said...

if you are registered republican and want to make the switch, you can-- just do it by friday (1/11). rock the vote dot com has the form and you can just check the box about changing parties. easy peasy.