Thursday, January 10, 2008

sfpd: two thumbs down.

today i became increasingly more frustrated with the san francisco police department. from my room i could hear some sort of yelling outside so i looked out over my balcony to see that there was some sort of domestic disturbance/violence happening and i thought it would be wise to dial 911. so, i did.

first, i hear: "please wait while the next dispatcher is available" i waited 48 seconds. i timed it. that's a long time to wait. then the dispatcher says: "what's the address of the situation" my response: "ma'am, i don't know their address. i know my address. i can tell you it's 4 houses west from my house on ___ street. i don't live on ____ street so i don't know where the numbers start." she responds: "well, call us back when you know the address?" NO WAY. wow.

add that to my november situation and you have a very unhappy citizen.

No comments: