Thursday, January 3, 2008

two reasons i'm happy.

1. barack obama won in iowa and edwards probably came in second. i yelped so loud in the car when i turned on npr that the people in the car next to me looked concerned.
2. murder in the dark, again. love the sf crew.

history is being made. are you registered to vote? did you know that if you are decline-to-state or registered independent, you CAN vote in the CA democratic primary (but not the republican primary)?

i am so looking forward to the debate THIS saturday with both donkey and elephants in attendance. party at my house.

2 comments:

Brett Stuvland said...

hey katz,

i'm seeking to get informed for the election and i was wondering what you think about the candidates.

josh nunziato walked into my house with a new york times the day after barack won the caucuses in Iowa and he said he was kinda excited. I must confess that I am very excited as well.

The way I see the Demos is that Barack and Hillary are both committed to change, but I think it would be more profound in Barack's case, since Hillary seems to be railing him about his lack of the track record that she has.....but.....wouldn't that be even more incentive for Obama to make changes? meaning that he has something to prove.....AND....i think the 'lack of experience' could work to his advantage because he would act with humility that we haven't seen in a US president for a while....

what do you think of my thoughts right now?

love you,
chipmunks and weasels,
Brett

emilykatz said...

First: I'm so happy you're not in the hospital. Praise God.

Second: I agree with you completely. His lack of "experience" is what draws me to him. His skills are incredible- people (especially young people like you and me) trust him. People believe in him. People want to see him win.

Have you watched this video? https://donate.barackobama.com/page/contribute/decpromise?match_campaign_id=5&match_is_pledge=1
Pretty inspiring.

However, John Edwards, I would say is also committed to change. He is something special, too, he just hasn't gotten as much attention as Barack and Hillary. Unfortunately, I don't think he will win. But I'd be happy either way.

Those are my thoughts...