Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the difference.

between my mom's bike and my bike is that she has one and i don't. she has a trek madone to be exact and i'm borrowing it. call me crazy, i know. i don't even know how to ride a road bike. but my good roommate took off the fancy pedals where you clip in so i can wear my running shoes. wish me luck. i'm pretty sure that if i scratch it, i'll be getting a mastectomy.

UPDATE: when getting on the bike, i asked dan where the kickstand was. he started laughing. not with me. at me. overall, it was so smooth and so fun. but i am pretty wobbly and it's hard to get used to the brakes being right there. maybe one day i'll have a bike of my own.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I pretty much gave MYSELF an accidental masechtomy when I had my big bike accident last year, so it might be kind of a built-in consequence that your mom won't even have to take action on. My best rule of bike safety: be as predictable as possible!

Laura Ortberg Turner said...

don't cut your boobs off, katz!