Sunday, December 21, 2008

i'm on vacay.

hanging out with family in socal. and resting. and failing at the attempt to sleep in. and holding eighteen month old baby boys who couldn't be more opposite. and eating. and running. and playing hearts. and laughing. and watching elf. and and and and and and and . .   .      .


and in the midst of all of the above, my mind is consumed with processing the idea of receiving a gift with grace and honor, while committing to giving back. to pay it forward, really. my mind is spinning. my heart is overwhelmed. and the tears keep falling. there is no way to measure this gift. i hate using the word blessing, but in this case, it is COMPLETELY appropriate. 

to receive or not, that really is the question. and the answer to that leads to so many more questions.

God: help?

2 comments:

.adam. said...

katz. your vacay sounds fantastic...I'm looking forward to mine.

also, why did you look at my blog like 6 times today?


I knew you were a STALKER!

emilykatz said...

okay crazy, I didn't look at your blog "like" six times today. what made you think that? i'm in camarillo, not sf.