Monday, December 1, 2008

let's save some money. part four.

my hair is a very sensitive topic. you see, i was once bribed to dye it. i took the bribe and i've been aiming for natural ever since. but a haircut, now that's a different story. i'm generally one who pays top dollar for a haircut. your hair says a lot about you, right? i think so.

anyway, on saturday night i found some super sharp scissors and decided to give myself a trim. only a little, while leaning over into the toilet (to make less of a mess, duh). and hot damn! i just saved sixty bucks. BOOOYAH!

come on, who's with me?

5 comments:

[Anna] said...

This post may be more compelling if you included a picture of your home haircut...

s h o n n a said...

not compeling enough to convince me... but you have MUCH easier hair to cut than me... so i commend you for that. i am contemplating growing my hair out which would save some $$, right?

*corinne said...

having a thick curly mane myself, i do my own trimming most of the time too. only pay for a professional cut 1-2 times per year.
i do have to say though, i'll leave the highlights to the pros. once i went professional, i never went back. i only do that like 3 times a year max though.

Marta said...

I'm impressed, Emily. I usually cut my own bangs, but I think my hair is too short for a complete self trim. I am, however, a fan of the budget salons. My favoirte is the Hair Cuttery. I've always been satisfied as long as I've given the stylist very specific instructions.

Anna said...

I am decidedly NOT with you. I rarely heat-style my hair, so it stays healthy enough to allow me 3-4 motnhs between cuts. Also, they have wine at my salon. FOR FREE. (if you don't count the inflated hair cut price, I mean)