Thursday, January 8, 2009

my pearl earrings.

this is my will in case i die in israel. it is only valid from january tenth through the twentysecond.


my pearl earrings go to which ever of my brothers first has a baby girl. may she receive them when she graduates from college like i did.

my computer can go to carter because clearly you need a new one.

lisa can have my red fancy "i used to work at nordstrom" bag, beware: you might need physical therapy for your shoulder after using it.

my kitchenaid mixer and cuisinart blender can go to lis, consider it your wedding gift. (no, she's not engaged. but one day she will be.)

courtney can have my new running shoes. i think we might be the same size? 

my favorite tweezers can go to allison. i hope you always remember me when you use them.

carissa gets my lululemon and lucy clothing. you'll take good care of it. do a marathon or something in the sexy work out clothes.

my car can go to dillon, only if you turn the light on when backing into the garage.

my cookbooks can go to kristy, cause i'm pretty sure you're the only one who'd use them.

anna j gets to go through my book collection and gets first dibs on anything she hasn't read, which would be like two books.

mom, you get the earrings grandma just gave me. they're the only valuable piece of jewelry i own. they're sitting on my desk under the clock.

my old school vintage camera needs to stay in the family. pops, hold it until one of your grandbabies shows an interest in the art of film. then tell them stories about grandpa jerry. but let julie borrow it in the mean time.

dan can have my scooter, as long as it's okay with marv and eileen. and you get my comforter, too, but only because you asked nicely.

julie, you can have my minimal jewelry collection. yours is better but whatever. i hope you enjoy the gold mj pear clock necklace. and you also get the san francisco city print back because all of my roommates tried to claim it last night and i put my foot down.

adam b gets permission to say "i'm so funny" whenever he wants. but try to do it when reminiscing about working with me and lori.

lori gets a tape recording of me screaming when she told me she had a boyfriend.

michele can have all my therapy books because even though she's not becoming a therapist, she should be.

my journal can go to all of you. feel free to read it. i wrote everyday in the year of two thousand and seven so if you read that, you'll know how boring i really am. i've got nothing to hide. [i'm a sinner and have my fair share of issues.]

ps. all of my passwords are easy to find if you know me well enough. and if there's anything that's not listed here that you want, let me know. 

5 comments:

.adam. said...

thanks katz...what a great gift I hope to never receive. I'll be praying for your trip

Marta said...

I'll be praying too, Emily. Have a great trip.

Lesley Miller said...

morbidly fascinating...but you left me out. perhaps i can borrow allison's new tweezers? we've each stolen enough of each other's stuff over the last 23 years that she won't mind. unless you're talking about a different allison, in which case the sebek girls will both just sing a duet at your funeral.

have a safe, special time. i will pray for you when i'm reading the ol' bible!!

emilykatz said...

yes, i was referring to your sis. lesley, you can have my other handbag from nordstom. you'll like it :)

mim said...

what about body parts? (how's this for morbid?)
i want yr heart, em, it's the very best!!!!
return in one piece, you mensch!
xoxoxoxoxmim
ps how do i get my picture on here?