Monday, August 10, 2009

completely devastated.

you see, i've been seeing a therapist for over a year. it's been one of the best experiences of my life. how often do you get someone to sit with you and listen to your thoughts and feelings without them relating it back to their personal experience? or someone who doesn't even know what it means to judge? or someone who knows more about boundaries than henry cloud himself? practically never. (which is generally a good thing- relationships need an element of personal experience. it would be a one way relationship if you just talked about yourself the whole time, right? right.) i digress.

with graduating from usf includes losing my (not so free) free therapy. tomorrow will be more devastating than today as i will say goodbye to my therapist. and it sucks because i would say (and i think michele and julie would agree), i could use his help in processing NOW more than EVER. damnit. bad timing.

i completely promote therapy for all genders, ages, shapes and sizes. my experience has been different as i have no dsm diagnosis and i didn't start going because i had this "problem" to "fix". i went to keep myself in check and to be consistently reminded that i can't change people, i can only change myself. (maybe the most important life lesson, ever?)

i guess it's never really goodbye. more like, see you later. cause let's be honest. his voice will be in my head for at least the next seven years.

2 comments:

s h o n n a said...

i'm sorry em. i have faith you will get through all this. no one ever said it would be easy....

i am still completely devastated about the pineapple salsa. it really stresses me out.

Lesley Miller said...

That stinks. :( But I think its cool you saw a therapist. Next time I think I need one, I'm going to call you and hope you remember everything he said so you can help me.