Tuesday, August 4, 2009

have you ever written a mental health note?

i hope your answer is NO. i hope you never have to write a mental health note... or medicare note. no bueno, no bueno.

i've been writing so many of these dang notes that i'm starting to think in mental health note language. for example, i was being consoled by my boss and i was thinking to myself, "supervisor worked with employee by normalizing and offering alternative solutions. supervisor reframed and engaged with employee by utilizing active listening and asking open ended questions. employee responded positively and gave positive feedback." which really translates to my boss listened to me, gave me some advice and asked some questions. i thanked him.

this new language is taking over my brain. i can't seem to figure out how to switch back and forth! HELP.

1 comment:

s h o n n a said...

i dont have any advice but dont worry, we all do this. i think in facebook status. chad thinks in twitter. fortunately, yours is useful.