Sunday, June 3, 2007

showers, seattle, and a finished book.

my weekend in san diego was relaxing. my mom throws incredible showers... wedding shower for courtney this weekend, baby shower for jenn two weekends prior. it would be a huge loss to be a part of my family and choose not to get to know my mother (intentional jab?)

carter and i did not get to go fishing. i repeat, we did not get to go fishing. i just need to stop expecting to be able to go and maybe one day we'll go?

today in church i was thinking about what my life could be like in seattle, probably about one year from now. a feeling overwhelmed me, like how i feel when there is a seat open for me on muni after a long day of standing in heels on marble floors. i was so content. everything i imagined-- getting there, living with kristy and sarah, working, schooling, crying, churching, playing, laughing, eating, loving, exercising, relaxing-- all of it. so much will be hard and so little easy, but i want it.

i finished traveling mercies. finally. i have been reading that book for the past two years. i haven't finished a book in a couple months.. but i have started about four in the last five weeks!

No comments: