Thursday, August 16, 2007

an extended update.

I purchased Matt Nathanson's "Some Mad Hope" yesterday. I am really pleased with the sound; he continually impresses me. Unfortunately, this will be my last music purchase until September 31. I know that's only a month and a half, but it will save me quite a bit of money. I'm trying to be more disciplined with my funds; no more shoes for a while either.

My books for school came today. It's hard to describe the feeling I received- one of excitement and nervousness, but mostly a reality set in that this is happening: I am really going to school. "Counseling the Culturally Diverse" brings me the most joy.

Daniel, Autumn and Samuel left tonight. I will see them again on Saturday night, but it was good to have them around. So fun to be with both Riley and Samuel- they are exactly five weeks apart and it is pretty dang incredible what a difference five weeks makes at that age. It's the difference between acknowledging your presence and holding your head up versus being a little cross eyed and needing neck support.

In case you're wondering, I'm keeping Elvis. I just got really upset about the fleas and he has been such a lovebug that I can't let go of him.

The Communication Arts Photography Annual came a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to look at it in depth, but page 86 has a moving photo of Maria and Eunice, from my favorite family, of course.

My students come in 10 days. Since I've been without them for the last three months, I've kind of forgotten about them. I'm the only person on staff who doesn't read their applications because I think they portray totally different people than the ones I get to know. All this to say, amazon.com packages have been arriving with their names and I am really looking forward to this crew.

Scooter update: I am test riding one in a week... it's a 1989 Yamaha Razz. Get excited.

Here's Elvis (taken with my phone):

No comments: