Wednesday, August 29, 2007

new students.

the students are here and they are pretty amazing. it feels different this semester because i am further removed from them (ie: i didn't know very many of them before they came, they are all at least two grades younger than me, etc etc). plus, i know the city better than i did in fall06 or even spring07. all of this makes me feel older.

speaking of older. it's almost time to be 23. i am done with 22.

i get to pick up elvis tomorrow. bummer that he doesn't get to come home with me but it's good that he is going to a home where i know he will be loved (a friend of a friend).

by the way: i just need to be validated by someone who doesn't benefit from me quiting my job.

1 comment:

[Anna] said...

If you quit your job I will not see you more because you will have less money and will be less inclined to drive down to SB. If you quit your job we will not talk more regularly because you will be spending more time with your students and on your studies and with new friends in SF.

However, because you have mentioned this several times I think you really should quit your job. You will have more time to enjoy your RA position and be able to throw more of yourself into your school. How amazing would it be to just be reading in the middle of a random weekday?

I don't know exactly what you need but I do know that I trust your decisions. Regardless of what you do you are GREAT!