Saturday, October 20, 2007

61 miles is good enough for me.

two weeks ago my mom and barry rode 135 miles over two days through the wine country. my mom thought a century (100 miles) would be fine. at 56 miles she called and said she had terrible knee pain. my mom is a nurse (yes, and a lawyer) so she knows pain-- no messing around with her (ask me about getting my shots as a kid- hell!). the lady who picked her up in the sag wagon told her she should have had advil on her. my gracious mother ignored her instead of saying, "listen lady: i know pain. this isn't advil pain. this is see my damn doctor and schedule an mri for monday pain." i probably would have said that. anyway, she made it to mile 61. we still cheered as she came in and we're glad we went to davis (which is, oddly enough, like visalia with 15k extra college students- no thanks! sorry mm!)

waiting with ice cream: tess-me-carter-sofia-courtney

seriously. sofia eating a "watermelon stick thingy."

after the race: up for finishing, down for not.

barry-me-mom-courtney-carter

No comments: