Monday, October 15, 2007

fair, clear and moving.

i love going to movies by myself. it reminds me that i don't always have to go to the bathroom with the girls. more than going to movies by myself, i love love love documentaries. tonight's movie: for the bible tells me so. this isn't a michael moore film where he is clearly biased and bashing the republicans. it's fair. it's clear. it's moving.

new thought: the fear of the Other, the fear of sex, and the fear of femininity collaborate to make homophobia. i have touched on the fear of the Other in conflict resolution and reconciliation, the fear of sex is often mentioned among christian circles, but the fear of femininity became a reality for me tonight. all i had to do was think about how i've contributed to this fear and what i have never done to stop it; "hurry up- you're running like a girl!" or "quit being a pussy!" "stop crying- you're such a girl!" etc. etc. wow, we have a long journey ahead of us.

ultimately, this is a film showcasing six families' struggle to be in faith with a child/sibling who is gay/lesbian.

santa barbara friends: nov 3
seattle friends: oct 26-nov 1
portland friends: right now! and nov 2-8
all else: look here.

don't miss it. it's worth your time. if you can't afford it, email me and i'll use my loan money to pay for you (but it might only get us so far).

No comments: