Sunday, November 18, 2007

fear & forgiveness.

fear.
i've lost so much respect for the san francisco police department. i've lost so much respect for some of my students. i have never felt the fear that i had last night. unfortunately, what i am experiencing now is called trauma and might turn into ptsd. the positive note: this might help me when counseling clients who have ptsd or who have experienced trauma.

forgiveness.
today jordan and i walked with about 30 people from a church in san rafael to the san quentin state prison with walk to stop executions. the three mile walk ended at the east gate of the prison entrance where there was a celebration honoring those who keep watch for our brothers and sisters on death row. the story of reconciliation of a mother whose daughter was murdered taught me something more about forgiveness. i am grateful for my experience today.

1 comment:

Lesley Miller said...

I'm really wondering what happened last night?? Maybe you can't share... but I hope everything will be ok. I had a scary night Friday night too... it involved a car alarm and Jonathan disappearing and me sobbing in my house thinking I was a widow. I hate scary things in the middle of the night. I hope tonight isn't as scary. :(