Friday, February 22, 2008

geico.

i'm not a huge fan of salamanders and lizards, or what i would assume to be slimy creatures. i don't hate them but i would prefer they keep their distance. i feel the same way about the geico gecko. he annoys me. until today. today i want to embrace him and stroke the top of his head with my index finger. he really did save me money by switching to geico. ie: i called around about getting insurance for my new scooter (who still needs a name, by the way) and geico was the cheapest, by far ($200!). so, i thought to myself, "i wonder if it's cheaper for me to get my car insured with geico, too?" got a quote and it's $42 cheaper. is $42 really worth it? YES! $42/month x 12 months = $504 in savings! holy cow. everyone should call to see if it's cheaper to switch to geico.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Josh, my friendly insurance broker, would not like to read this post!

congrats on your new bike, btw!! how exciting.

now, for the real insurance question: where are you keeping it?

Anna said...

Congratulations all around - on the scooter as well as the frugal insurance. we've been very happy with our geico insurance on our car as well as our Vespa - especially when they took me back after I cancelled my policy with them to go to Josh's company, only to find out (after they took my $50"processing fee")that Josh's company actually wouldn't even insure me.
Some name suggestions: Maude, Blanche, or Babs (if she's seeming like a sassy old lady to you), or Skipper, Valentine, or JoJo (if she's seeming like more of a fun kis sister).
My own Vespa accident story will be appearing on my blog on Monday morning.

Megan said...

anna- wasn't that when he was with Fidelity?! crap!