Tuesday, February 26, 2008

poor sarah!!!

it was a beautiful day and three students, sarah, molly and jamie went roller blading (with out the appropriate knee pads, elbow pads, and helmets) through golden gate park. i got a hysterical call from jamie, "sarah's hurt! there's blood! come pick us up in the park. hurrrrrrry!" so off i rushed to the park searching for the three bladers. there she was. bloody face, hands and knees. (this is a blader that calls herself a professional!) holy smokes. we got her back to the house and realized that none of us knew what exactly we should do. we didn't think we needed to be at the emergency room but we were unsure. luckily, my new and wonderful friend, pryor, lives two blocks from the house. and, she's a nurse! the southern bell arrived and comforted sarah by applying hydrogen peroxide ever so gently as all of us watching encouraged sarah to scream or yell expletives, but she didn't do either. she just kept taking deep breaths. what a trooper! thanks to pryor for applying her nurse skills and coming to the rescue.

a note from sarah: "don't wear helmets because they are totally uncool. however, when [roller] blading down a hill that doesn't seem steep, veer to the grass asap. if you can't do it asap, you might look like me. try falling on your butt, not your face."




*i have permission to post these photos here.

5 comments:

Katie Miller said...

oh my stars! this one will go down in the books!

Lesley Miller said...

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH. This is way worse than I imagined in my head!! HOLY....

Wow. I'm so glad you were there and that Pryor helped! eeeeek!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go big girl to mess up your 21st birthday celebration! I'm glad you are all right...heal fast...see you soon.

Dad

Tawny said...

Oooouuuuuuuuuucccccccccchhhh! You are the prettiest banged up girl I know! I am so sorry about your spill, but way to stay calm under pain. Ten bucks says that you are going to meet the man of your dreams before you heal... he will stare at you from across the coffee shop until asking how it happened. At least thats how it works in the movies I watch.

Lisa said...

Anna Quinlan falling off the treadmill move out of the way!! That is some serious roadrash on the face! For scars, I can't remember at the moment, but get back to me Katz if she needs something good. I have a legit suggestion that I can't at the moment remember.