Thursday, February 28, 2008

mail!

today i received the most mail i've ever received in one day. it was incredible. it felt like someone combined my last ten sets of birthday cards into one day. okay, maybe a bit less than that, but i got at least fifteen pieces of mail. that's a lot!

in my pile of glorious mail came two packages. amish grace: how forgiveness transcended tragedy was the first new buy. i know that i have two tests and a paper next week, but all i want to do is read this book. it's about real forgiveness and real grace by real people in a real tragedy. and of course, sister helen prejean has a quote on the back. 27,000 cool points right there. i'll let you know how it is.

next was a film that is on the list over there on the left: once. i am so excited. i already have people lined up to borrow it so they can share the joy with me. have you seen it? did you enjoy it as much as i did?

side note: sarah and i (and nikki and kristen) went to the emergency department (did you know that it's the ed now, not the er?) last night. her arm was getting worse. yep, it was worse. she fractured her radius. speaking of fractures, did you see the film fracture? totally mysterious but good. not making the list on the left, but worth a $4 rental if everyone pitches in.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Shedding a tear for your friend with the fractured radius. I fractured mine this summer and it SUCKED. Had to be in a 90-degree cast, on my right arm, so I couldn't so ANYTHING for myself (ponytails, cutting food, showering). I'm glad she has friends like you around. If you offer to blowdry her hair she might make out with you. I looked like little orphan Anna for a month.

lori lester said...

Things I love:
mail, the amish, nuns, once, anyone related to lesley miller. Poor Sarah!

.adam. said...

so I'm quite interested in what you think about Amish Grace. I read it earlier this year and have strong opinions about it...so let me know...also and email is coming, my internet access is struggling these days

Joe Bunting said...

why hello emily. thanks for your comment. my answer is coming, but it may take a while. it is a good question.

i've heard such good things about Once, and i love Glenn. i'll have to finally watch it.