Thursday, May 22, 2008

raise your hand if you love lori.

you all should be raising your hand right now because i'm referring to the lori lester, an amazing friend and future occupational therapist all-star. i was visiting lor in scotts valley/santa cruz for the last twenty-four hours and was blessed. we did everything from park in the same parking lot three different times, eat marlene's ice cream, nap under the sun by the lighthouse, see prince caspian, wander, eat, and rest. so good. you all should be jealous. (and by you all, i mostly mean michele, lesley, diana, and adam). fun to remember some old experiences and re-build them with lori.

got back and am having a difficult time with some family stuff that would be lame to share here. the david bowie song ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes keeps popping into my head. weird. ahhhh! so much might change. i'll keep you posted.

on a way lighter note: my oldest nephew, riley, turned one yesterday. yay!

4 comments:

d.l.s. said...

Three things:
1. I practically dislocated my arm raising it in an exciting "amen" to loving Lori.

2. David Bowie was my own personal [not-so-occupational-but-personal] therapist.

3. I want to see you next week before I abandon California. My time is embarrassingly flexible.

Lesley Miller said...

My arm is higher than d.l.s. so that means I love Lori more. And I was fearing for her life yesterday in the fires so I'm glad someone was with her. :)

Laura Ortberg Turner said...

my arm is higher than everyone else's. . . i had it surgically extended. beat that.

okay, kidding, but i am definitely j. sounds like so much fun. i love david bowie, too, but i love lori way more.

lori lester said...

YES!!! I love this post (& comments) and I am so glad i didn't have internet for a week so i could read these all at once. LOVE it!