Sunday, July 20, 2008

i blog. you [should] blog. we blog.

i know we sound ridiculous to you, going to a BLOG conference and all. but since i've had my blog (2005, wow!) i have desired a few things: readers, comments, and a space to keep my friends and family up to date about my happenings (which has subsequently turned into my thoughts/feelings/desires/adventures/etc) with out using the mass email format (so this is where the title comes from, emily?! yes. oh wise one.)

since 2005 the space to update has always been here, readers have been few and comments even fewer. but then it turned into a place to document- for myself. i've learned a lot (like i'm not good at telling a story verbally OR in writing. oh well.) and looking through the archives, it is clear, i am a different person at twenty-three than i was at twenty (go figure). and that's what i enjoy. keeping this space for me. a bit narcissistic? maybe. we can talk about that later.

well, it's 2008. i still have the space to not write mass emails, i apparently have an average of thirty daily readers (who some of you are, i have no idea. it's okay though, i stalk blogs too.) and i have some sweet people who comment, help me through some of my thoughts and are real good at encouraging me. in my eyes, this space is gold.

all this to say... i'm here to stay. essentially, going to a blog conference for women (but it wasn't exclusive) was perfect for us (which includes those of us [minus one] who share a blog on politics that hasn't proven to be very sustainable..maybe that will change one day soon?). we learned a lot. laughed a lot. and danced a lot. i hope to recap the whole weekend through out this week. stay tuned... maybe you can learn something. you will maybe laugh and hopefully want to dance (with anna and corinne, that is.)

1 comment:

Lesley Miller said...

Did you get video of them dancing? I can't remember! Please post for my entertainment!