Thursday, October 2, 2008

fighting. for attention. [always?]

yesterday was a high energy day for me. while at work i was talking a lot and super excited, about nothing in particular. and then this happened. and it's totally paraphrased and [obviously] the way i perceived it:

him: how many siblings do you have?
me: three older brothers.
him: and you're the youngest?
me: yep! (with a huge grin on my face)
him: i can tell.
me: what does that mean?
him: you have to fight for attention.
me: (slumping down into my chair and noticing that my bottom lip was slightly pursed) oh.. i guess?

me, later, to myself: damnit! he's so right. and i'm the only one who can do anything about it.

and now i need a drink. to assist in making a plan to break this TWENTY FOUR YEAR LONG HABIT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahah

[Anna] said...

so this was the conversation... i see...