Tuesday, August 19, 2008

dark chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.

i've been baking up a storm because this kitchen yells at me every morning "spend time with me. choose me. pick me. love me." it just needs my attention. so i give it.

this recipe was so easy, though it was meant to be made as a cake. but cupcakes are more fun, i think.



ingredients:
one box of devil's food cake.
three eggs.
one cup of buttermilk.
half a cup of vegetable oil.
three cups of chopped chocolate covered peanut butter cups.
twelve ounces of dark chocolate chips.
one cup of heavy cream.
half a cup of creamy peanut butter.
*makes about thirty.



cupcakes: mix the eggs, cake mix, and buttermilk together. fold in two cups of the peanut butter cups. taste the batter. mmmm. so good. put in the cupcake tins and bake at three hundred fifty degrees for nineteen minutes. let them cool. lick the bowl and the beaters.



frosting: boil the heavy cream and pour over the dark chocolate chips. whisk until melted. add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth. add a bit of sugar if it's too bitter for you (sissy). spoon frosting over cupcakes and let them set in the fridge for twenty minutes. add more chopped peanut butter cups to the tops for garnish. voila!



and in the mean time, i've also become a floral arranger (uhh.. florist?). not bad, eh? [thanks, urban, for the goodbye flowers.]

5 comments:

Lesley Miller said...

1. I can't wait to try those cupcakes. Dang. Mouthwatering.
2. I just blogged about my recent key lime pie which will post tomorrow. Perhaps we can recipe swap.
3. Are you seriously a flower arranger? Can you teach me. It's a talent I really want to learn.
4. Love the Grey's quote.

emilykatz said...

yes! i love key lime yogurt, so i must love the pie, too, right? (i've never had it).

no, i was just playing with the flowers. i just know that you have to criss cross them and put them in diagonally. or something?

i LOVE that you knew that was a grey's quote. i could hear meredith's voice when i wrote it. you = number one fan.

Anonymous said...

why are you so cool?

s h o n n a said...

i think you'll like this lady: http://www.101cookbooks.com/index.html

i just got into it but my friends RAVE

Laura Ortberg Turner said...

i second julie. YUM. and second lesley in appreciating meredith's words of wisdom.