Wednesday, August 13, 2008

thank you, God, for my ankle injury.

back story: sometime starting in february i rolled my left ankle three times within six weeks. when i started training for the half it was bothering me a bit. i did a lot of icing but one of my doctors suggested i see a physical therapist to prevent further injury. the particular pt she suggested is also a running coach so she thought it would be a good idea for me to go to him.

my imagination took over when i heard running coach. i automatically assumed he was young and hot. and that led to me realizing that with an ankle issue that means he'll probably be TOUCHING me. my feet/ankles/calves/knees, that is. and that led to me shaving, of course. and making sure my pedicure looked good. and i might have put on lipgloss, too.

i was reading the news about phelp's fifth gold / breaking the record for most golds EVER when i looked up to exactly what i imagined. young. hot. doctor. [stop it, emily! control yourself].

"hi, emily, how are you today?"

"[better now that you're my pt. I MEAN] i'm doing well." [hold yourself together!]

small talk small talk small talk and then the touching and prodding and pushing exercises went on for forty five minutes. i was trying not to think about how hot doctor was holding my ankles and giving them a rub down but i couldn't help myself.

"yep. you have a problem, but we can fix it. your peroneus brevis just needs some attention"

"[oh good. i was worried this was all a part of my imagination just like you very well could be] great! tell me what to do [so that we can spend more time together]?"

three exercises, one direct phone number, and an appointment to go to his chi running class in september... i am set. and now i have a major crush on my physical therapist.

side note: my best friend carissa is in pt school right now. and she's hot. not just cute-- HOT. and i just got a taste of what her patients are going to feel like when she's giving them a rub down. carissa: your patients are SO lucky. i mean, i know you're going to be a great pt, but seriously, lucky lucky patients.

3 comments:

s h o n n a said...

hilarious em. p.s. katie is going to be a pt too... talk about two girls who could make a LOT of money!

Megan said...

awww YEAH!!! work it. and by work it, i mean hurt your ankle a little more so your "recovery" is longer.

Carissa Lee said...

oh miss emsily! i love it! you and your new pt friend will be spending a lot of time together! just be a good patient and do your exercises...he'll like you better! and get me a job! :) haha!