Thursday, August 14, 2008

red is so... sexy.

and i am so... not. have you ever bought something because you wanted it so bad but the color wasn't as important as having the item? if you have, you might understand what i'm talking about and if you haven't, i warn you: color is important.

i walked in to get my six hundred mile service on my sexy-hot-look-at-me scooter and i saw something so dreamy. so perfect. so me. it was my little metro scooter in off white with brown seats and handle bars. i fell in love and had buyers remorse from my february purchase. i thought to myself, just like a product of my generation (Y or millennial), how can i get that scooter [now]?? so i did what any normal person trying to sell something does: craigslist. and off it sold. for one hundred dollars less than what i bought it for. shhhhhh, don't tell the nice guy who bought it from me, okay? and off i went to the scooter store and home i came with my new off white honda metro.

and when i was riding home i realized that i was just so... happy. this new one is much more me. so discrete and not so showy. it's not so hot and shiny and sexy. whatever i can do to continue on with my apple pie style, right?

9 comments:

*corinne said...

that color scheme is always the one that catches my eye when i see them around town. waaaayyyy better than red. jealous!

s h o n n a said...

wow that is freaking awesome emily. i wish house buying was as easy!!

congrats!!

[Anna] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
[Anna] said...

How trendy are you right now? So trendy...too cute.
Rock on plain jane in your apple pie scooter :)

amy said...

i completely understand as i feel the same way about red and could not understand when you bought it. good choice!

Lesley Miller said...

you are too funny!! I love it. Love it love it that you bought a new one in white.

It only reaffirms that I am jealous of scooters and want one.

Anonymous said...

yaaaay finally! i love it!

Anonymous said...

yaaaay finally! i love it!

Anonymous said...

yaaaay finally! i love it!