Sunday, August 31, 2008

it was a me day.

saturday was a me day. i needed it. ever since i moved into the house it's been a lot of giving. i'm not complaining. i love giving. but i needed to give to me. and spend time with me. i missed me. so i went out and did my errands and picked up some yellow kicks and got a mani and pedi that i ruined within the first twelve minutes. and then i baked. and i baked and i baked and i baked. for five hours straight. not even kidding. i love to bake. love love love love it.

my friend shonna turned me onto 101 cookbooks (a local san franciscan!) and i've been exploring her recipes non-stop. so this particular evening consisted of thin mints and brown sugar sandwich cookies. the end result: very happy roommates. check it.

thin mint cookie dough:


making it a thin mint (dipping the wafers in to the minty chocolate. i was supposed to use a fork.) ps. raise your hand if you like my owl covered apron!


brown sugar sandwich wafers:


mmmm. the end result. i ended up adding mint to these too. they reminded me of milano cookies a little bit:

3 comments:

s h o n n a said...

thank god that is an apron... i first looked at it and was like "what is she wearing?!" super cute. glad i could turn you on to something.

boys are stupid. throw rocks at them.

i love you.

Anonymous said...

mmmMMmmmmm

thanks for sharing one! mouth watering...

Maggie said...

Emily Katz,

I stumbled upon your blog the other day, and was intrigued and excited to catch up on the happenings in your life.

I'm glad to read that you are doing well, sounds like life in SF is treating you well.

I'm quite new to the world of blogging, but coming across the blog of a friend I haven't seen in a while was a definite perk to this whole blogging situation; I just had to say hello :)

Miss you, friend!