Thursday, September 4, 2008

i am owning it.

i am young. that's what i'm owning. no makeup or pair of heels is hiding this secret.

the typical therapist response:
client: you look so... young. how old are you, anyway?
me: tell me, what makes you ask that question? and how will knowing my age affect you?

my response:
client: you look so... young.
me: well, that's because i am

---

i walked out of therapy today (yes. my own therapy. mind blowing: this girl has issues. duh.) and the quote board read:

"change is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." thank you winston [churchill]. good form.

can i get a little stand-up-sit-down action over here?

1 comment:

lori lester said...

yesterday in our mental health clinic prep, they made us practice responses to that same question. we get clients next thursday, maybe i'll call you for advice.