Wednesday, September 24, 2008

late shows.

as i'm guiding mike, a man who is recently blind, out the door, our conversation went something like this...

mike: well thanks young lady. how are you doing this morning?
me: well, it's real early, so i'm still a little tired.
mike: me too. it's those dang late shows that keep me up.
me: (david letterman and jay leno immediately enter my mind) oh yeah, which do you watch?
mike: well i listen to blah blah blah.
emily: yah, listen. that's what i meant.

WHICH DO YOU WATCH? EMILY! DO NOT ASK A MAN WHO IS BLIND WHAT HE WATCHES. and for that matter, the line "see you later" isn't helpful either.

daaaaaaaangit.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Kind of hilarious, really. Not that he's blind, obviously, but that you shoved your foot so deep into your mouth that I bet your pancreas is still sore. You know I've been there.
-Anna Q

GiantHaterAdam said...

You should have said hear you later.