Tuesday, September 23, 2008

she said she wanted to feel known.

no, i am not a diagnosed narcissist (though it would be fun to work with one) and i don't have any legitimate delusions or hallucinations, no need to worry. life is just more fun when you ask the cupcakes, "who wants to hang out with my intestines?" i told my roommate he HAD to post on my blog for my birthday and below is what he came up with. well, i definitely feel known (and outed- thanks for telling the Internet about my secrets, dillon).

no, but really. thanks for all of your well wishes. phone calls. sweet thoughtful gifts. hugs (!?!). blog creations. new technologies. cards (LISA- IT CAME ON THE DAY AND THAT STAMP WAS AMAZING). etc.

more than feeling loved, i'm feeling known. thanks.

4 comments:

Lesley Miller said...

I love, loved loved Dillon's post. I should comment and tell him that.

I also just started feeling bad that I didn't send you a card...because I love cards and love sending people cards, etc. I wish I was as nice as Lisa-- sending a card all the way from AFRICA!!! sheesh. She's good.

Last, I want to know how you define a diagnosed narcissist. The whole not buying a card for Emily's birthday got me worred. WHAT IF I'M A NARCISSIST!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

yaaaaaay I am so glad you are feeling known. you're the best.

s h o n n a said...

did you get my card? i know it wasn't blog worthy but i just want to make sure you got it. it would have been much better if i wasn't in the midst of packing, moving, painting, gmating, writing, applicationing, etc. etc. etc.

emilykatz said...

A diagnosed narcissist = a grandiose sense of self-importance in fantasy or behavior, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts.

You, my dear Lesley, are NOT a narcissist. Don't you worry.

Julie, no, you're the best.

Shonna, yes, of course I got your card. Love you.